We’re growing like crazy – expanding our office space in the Texas office to accommodate and adding new faces like it’s our job. Because… well, it is. So this week we’re welcoming new additions to the sales team and we’ll let you in on a bit about them so you can get to know who they really are, because behind the Jedi-like concentration and undying work ethic…. we hire some pretty cool people.
Karen Eoff, Director of Sales, Southwest
About Karen: Karen graduated from the University of Phoenix with a BS in Marketing. She has a 16 year old daughter who will soon be starting her senior year of high school. Karen loves to travel and is a total tourist. She will search out every touristy thing to do wherever she visits from Codzilla in Boston, MA to Map of the Stars in Hollywood, CA. Karen loves spending time at the beach but has never surfed and will not swim in the ocean, because there are sharks out there! She is a California girl that enjoys everything that comes along with living in California, including the happy cows!
- What is your favorite drink? Bud light with a little bit of olive juice and 2 olives (TexasMartini)
When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably? All the time with my daughter, she is ridiculous!
- If you were a food what kind of food would you be? Parfait, because parfait has layers (in Donkey’s voice)
- Do you believe in magic? Only when it does not effect me! I ain’t mess’n with that
- Biggest fear? Sharks, I do not swim in the ocean because of sharks!
- What is your favorite band, or who is your favorite musician? My favorite musician is P!nk and I absolutely luv her husband Carey Hart! My favorite band would have to be Bon Jovi, even though I usually skip over their songs on my iPhone, I can’t hit the notes
- Anything else we should know about you? I luv movies. My favorite movies are with car chases and shoot um ups! I can watch Bad Boys II over and over again! I enjoy camping with my friends, but I will not rough it. Has to be in RV will full hook ups.
Jae Scarborough, Director of Sales, Southeast
About Jae: Jae Scarborough has worked in interactive media and digital advertising since 2005 and possesses a unique perspective of digital advertising and its immediate and long-term impact. He’s had the good fortune of working with local growing, thriving brands and agencies as well as some of the top and most internationally known firms. Jae graduated in 2003 from the University of Notre Dame with a Bachelors of Business Administration where he majored in Marketing. He has remained active with the University through its Alumni association and board. In addition to his work with Notre Dame, he also volunteers with Atlanta’s chapter of “A Better Chance” and his former youth track team. He is married to his best friend of 17 years, Jessica Cooke Scarborough, and is a busy father to their 3-year old daughter, Rikki Joelle. He describes himself as one of the coolest nerds / geeks you’ll ever meet, who is loyal, fun, and positive, yet analytical and focused on results. Results that empower.
Maris Emanuel, Director of Sales, Midwest
- What is your favorite drink? Atlanta’s own Coca-Cola (with a lil bourbon) or Chick-Fil-A Cookies & Cream Ice Dream Shake.
- When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably? Last night when I negotiated bedtime with a 3 year old.
If you were a food what kind of food would you be? Sweet potato pie.
Do you believe in magic? Yes, I saw him on ESPN last week, but Jordan’s still the greatest.
- Biggest fear? That I’m capable of more than I think I am.
- What is your favorite band, or who is your favorite musician? Tie between Outkast, Cee-lo and Frank Sinatra – weren’t expecting that last one huh?
Anything else we should know about you? – I double as the Cookie Monster (personally – see pic) and now professionally (Simpli.fi).
About Maris: I moved from NYC to Dallas last July and am enjoying Southern Living! My fiancee finally popped the question in March and we are getting married in Charleston, SC next April. I love spending time with my two Cavalier King Charles, Ollie and Watson, and doing anything outside.
- What is your favorite drink? There is no way I can pick one! I’d say either a Moscow Mule, Jalapeno Margarita, or a good Zinfandel if I’m feeling extra classy.
When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably? When I saw 21Jump Street. I love funny movies!
- If you were a food what kind of food would you be? A Cupcake! A Baked by Melissa Tie-Dye cupcake, specifically. They are my favorite!
- Do you believe in magic? If magic is considered tricking someone, than yes. I do love Penn Gillette on Celebrity Apprentice.
Biggest fear? SNAKES. Is anyone not afraid of them? And I have recently developed a fear of heights.
What is your favorite band, or who is your favorite musician? Ryan Adams, because my fiancee has a man crush on him and I end up listening to him most of the time.
Anything else we should know about you? I’m pumped to be a new part of the Simpli.fi team! They rock!