The Simpli.fi team is growing! We are pleased to welcome three new members to the operations team, Dan Swain, Mike Berrow, and Max Sop. Below is a little bit of information on each to help you get to know our newest team members and join us in welcoming them to the world of search retargeting.
- What’s your superpower? Extensive random knowledge of movies, books, and comic books.
- If you were a car, what car would you be? A beat-up old farm truck.
- How many 5 year olds could you take in a fight? That depends on whether or not they are zombies.
- Favorite Drink? Beer. The hoppier the better.
- Do you believe in magic? I’m not sure, but I do believe I now have that song stuck in my head.
- Biggest fear? Heights.
- Celebrity you love to hate? Glenn Beck.
- Biggest accomplishment? Getting my Ph.D. AND maintaining a happy marriage.
About Dan: Dan graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from Penn State in Electrical Engineering in 2003. He went on to get his Masters in Electrical Engineering from Penn State and topped it all off with a Ph.D. from Princeton University in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Dan is a software engineer at Simpli.fi, and he is also currently the co-founder and a co-developer for publicissueindex.org. It’s safe to say Dan is a smart guy, and we couldn’t be happier to have him here. He is pictured here with his wife.
- What’s your superpower? Here ‘ability to focus’, but I’d like to travel to the planet Krypton and discover my real superpower.
- If you were a car, what car would you be? Jaguar XJ6.
- How many 5 year olds could you take in a fight? At least four, assuming they have no ninja training.
- Favorite Drink? Heinekin Lager.
- Do you believe in magic? I believe that sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
- Biggest fear? Lord Voldemort.
- Celebrity you love to hate? Ted Danson. I can’t say why.
- Biggest accomplishment? When the Barefoot Hiking club that I founded was featured on ‘Good Morning America’.
About Mike: Mike is originally from the United Kingdom, more precisely, Crickhowell in South Wales. He attended the University of Wales in Swansea. He joins the Simpli.fi team as Senior Developer, prior to joining the Simpli.fi team he was the Senior Engineer at FireEye. He has worked extensively with Simpli.fi’s CTO, Paul Harrison. So welcome Mike – we’re glad to have him on board, and there’s no doubt he is great at what he does. He is pictured here with his family.
- What’s your superpower? My superpower is my very close and faithful friend. His name is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
- If you were a car, what car would you be? A BMW; maybe because I own a very old one 🙂
- Favorite Drink? Passion fruit, or mango or water. Depending of the time of the year.
- Biggest fear? To let people down. Especially those that I love and those that lookup to me.
- Biggest accomplishment? I’m still dreaming really. I’d say my biggest accomplishment is yet to come. In the meantime though, a lot of people see big accomplishments in my life. But I personally don’t see any to be really proud of. At least not yet.
About Max: Max is originally from Cameroon in West Africa. Before traveling to the U.S. for his post secondary education, Max ran a bakery shop – he is quite the entrepreneur, and while in college he founded a tutoring company catering to high school students. Max graduated with a bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, and most recently obtained a Masters in Computer Science. He is fluent in both English and French and enjoys tennis, discussing philosophy, politics and religion in his spare time, and his faith plays an important role in his life. He joins Simpli.fi as a Data Scientist. Max is an all around interesting person with diverse interests – we’re proud to have him as a part of the team.